Desire Fitness is fully certified in prenatal and post natal training and provides safe and enjoyable fitness for any stage of your pregnancy.
7 Reasons to stay active while pregnant:
1. Reduce weight gain. On average a healthy weight gain during pregnancy is 20-30lbs. Exercise helps women maintain a healthy weight gain throughout their pregnancy.
2. Labour and delivery may be easier. Stronger muscles, core, and a fit cardiovascular system can give you more stamina for the pushing stage.
3. Lower risk of gestational diabetes by as much as 27%. High blood sugar during pregnancy also raises the odds of preterm delivery or having an overweight baby.
4. Help prevent backache. As the baby grows your center of gravity will shift and may cause back pain. Postural exercises and focusing on strengthening upper back, core, and pectorals will help to alleviate back pain.
5. You're less likely to get constipated. Pregnant women's intestinal tracts often get backed up, but exercise along with a high-fiber diet keeps your digestive system regular by increasing blood flow to your gastrointestinal track.
6. Experience less leg and ankle swelling. Exercise can limit swelling by improving blood flow.
7. Prenatal exercise preps the baby for labour. The baby will be better at responding to an elevated heart rate. This will in turn reduce stress on the baby during labour and enable the baby to tolerate contractions better.