Updated: Jun 2
With fall around the corner it's time to start cooking some comfort food!
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, and includes ingredients that will help boost your immune system just in time for cold and flu season.
To meal prep this recipe you will need 4-6 (depending on your daily caloric intake) Tupperware containers. Once your soup is cooked, add equal portions to your Tupperware and your meals are good to go. It's that simple! The prepackaged meals can also be frozen and enjoyed at a later date.
Macros per serving are listed below.
*This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
As a nutrition coach, I try to find ways to make meal prep seamless for clients and this recipe does just that. Cooking large batch meals like this helps to save time, get into the habit of eating whole foods, and eating correct portion sizes.
10% Off Coupon To Pure Ceramic! Code: SaveX10
They are a non-toxic, natural line of pure ceramic cookware that that moms can trust. As an all-natural alternative to metal and nonstick cookware, Xtrema® is endorsed by physicians, homeopathic providers, and integrative medicine practitioners.
Chicken Minestrone soup
*Recipe makes 6 servings
1lb cooked chicken breast (free range)
2 cans (250ml) organic chickpeas
1 can diced tomatoes
4 medium carrots, diced
2 large zucchini, diced
1/2 cup quinoa/rice pasta (optional)
6 cups chicken broth
6 cups spinach
4 bay leaves
4 tbsp. oregano
4 garlic cloves
1 tbsp. tumeric
Salt/pepper, to taste
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 cups water (more or less)
1) Add 1/2 the oil to a pan and fry the diced chicken till cooked through.
2) In a large pot add the remaining oil and the garlic. Cook till fragrant.
3) Next add the chickpeas, tomatoes, carrots, zucchini, chicken broth, bay leaves, oregano, turmeric, & salt/pepper to the pot. Simmer for 1-3 hours.
4) Add in gluten free pasta (I use GoGo quinoa/rice blend), cook for 20 mins.
5) Add the spinach and wilt (2-3 mins).
6) Remove from heat, let the soup cool, and then divide into 6 equal servings.
Macros per serving:
Contact Desire Fitness, personal trainer & nutrition coach, if you would like to learn more about serving sizes and to find out what the correct meal size for you and your goals would be.